A two-year old boy was transported to the hospital, Tuesday, following a dog bite that injured his left eye.
The boy was taken to Terre Haute Regional Hospital and then moved by helicopter to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. His name was not released and as of Tuesday evening there was no update on his condition.
The boy’s mother was house-sitting while the homeowners were in California, when the boy touched the Great Dane’s food bowl and the dog reacted by biting him.
Responsible for the dog at the time of the accident, the boy’s mother ordered the dog to be quarantined until officials were able to confirm his shots were up-to-date.
For more information on this subject, please visit our section on Dog Bites.